Tuesday 4 May 2010

Ok so I've been thinking about my workout frequency and I think its going to be best to do 3 fullbody sessions a week instead of an upper lower split. I will still work through the progressions but I will do it 3 times a week. I have decided to do this because firstly it is what I have always done, and secondly I feel like I can recover quickly enough to do it 3 times a week. So I'm not going to post a leg workout today, I will post a fullbody workout tomorrow.

Speaking of leg workouts, I am going to have to make some changes to my training from convict conditioning. I have had sciatic pain since January, I thought it was better but it just gets aggrivated when I squat. Pretty much the only leg exercise I can do is a split squat with my foot in a strap which hangs from my rings. I can also do supported pistols whilst holding onto my rings. I think its has someting to do with not bending over, which is strange because I can do Kettlebell swings without to much pain. So my long term leg training goal is to do 100 split squats, so I will add reps at each workout.

Overall I am not using any workout template from Convict Conditioning and am not doing any of the leg progressions, perhaps I should reconsider the name of my blog haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment