Friday 7 May 2010

Ok after allot of consideration I have decided that convict conditioning does not fit in with my goals at the moment and that I am goin to hold off on it for a while. I have learnt allot from the book, especially relating to rep speed, it really makes a difference and you can really think about the musclke being workjed when you slow it down. What bought this on was reading a post from http://convictconditioning.tumblr.com/ talking about following the routine. Saying that people should not change the routine because the author has being doing this for decades and knows his shit. And he is right, who am I to criticise and author who has a best selling book which people have made gains on.

However, saying that I do disagree with the guy up to a point, just because it is written in a book doesnt mean that it should be followed to the letter, the great thing about strength training is that you can do as you please, I dont think its right for this guy to attack people for wanting advice on a routine saying he finds it 'tiresome' if he finds it tiresome don't respond and let other people help the guy out instead of trying to bring him down. Bottom line if you want to follow the routine to the letter then great, I'm sure you will achieve your goals, if you want to use aspects from the book then thats fine aswell. Pretty interesting thread about the topic here, http://kbforum.dragondoor.com/kettlebells-strength-conditioning-forum/142852-efficacy-1-2-reps-cc.html

No comments:

Post a Comment