Sunday 2 May 2010

First Post

I am not strong, and I hate gyms, enter Convict Conditioning the perfect way to get strong for free(minus the cost of the book) This blog is about my passion for fitness and my desire to get bigger and stronger using bodyweight exercises.

Convict Conditioning came through the post the other day and after a couple of days reading through I decided I would blog my progress. I have been working out for about a year(primarily wiht bodyweight but I do have a kettlebell) and have made some gains but have never really stuck with a programme and am nowhere near the size or strength I would like to be, this seems a perfect time to get started.

Firstly a short review of the book, I think the book is really good, one of the best resources of bodyweight strength I have ever seen. Much better than Pavels Naked Warrior (however, I dislike Pavel and his teaching style) I have not reader never Gymless by Ross Enamait but I have heard good things. The progressions are really good, lots of detail and pictures for demonstration. However, I do have an issue with the rep numbers and the workout programmes. Firstly the rep numbers are just to high in my oppinion, 3x50 wall pushups is the first progression standard for moving on, this just seems to much to me and it is so boring looking at a wall for such a long period of time. so I am going to cap my progression reps at around 3x20-30 depending on the exercise. Secondly the frequency of the workouts is to low for me, just twice a week for the first programme with 4 exercises being practiced (2 on each day) I just don't see how you can keep motivated working out this little. So I am going to do a 4 day upper-lower split. Upper Mon and Thurs and lower on Tues and Friday. I think that this is enough time for my body to recover and grow. I will also be doing some kettlebell swings throughout the week to help burn off some fat and stay fit. Anyway I will start recording my progress on Monday so if anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment